Git is one of the top Source Control Management (SCM) systems in the world today. With GitHub and BitBucket, it is extremely easy and beneficial for developers to leverage Git to manage version control of your source code or other files.
This course will use practical examples from real-world scenarios to introduce and examine some of the most critical commands in Git. By the end of the course, your fear of losing code or wrecking the repo will be gone, and you'll be the envy of your team when it comes to performing Git surgery.
Some of the Git commands we'll examine are:
We'll also take a good look at core functionality and concepts such as
1. Setting up your environment for working with Git
2. Important settings in the config files
3. How to work with the .gitIgnore file hierarchy to setup ignores for every repo and specific repos.
4. Setting up your repositories at GitHub
5. Cloning and Forking repositories at GitHub
We'll then take a look at some scenarios like:
The videos on this course will be done in a windows environment, but we'll be using the Git BASH command line tool, which is universal to all platforms.
Towards the end of the course, we'll take a look at both Visual Studio (C#.Net) and Eclipse (Java) to see how these powerful tools easily integrate with your Git repo for professional development.